A lot of tutors contact me through this site. Around 95% of them have one question: “How can I get more business?”
That’s understandable. We got into this because we love teaching, yes, but we also started tutoring businesses to make money.
This is something I can help with. As you may have read on Side Hustle Nation, CNBC, or Business Insider, I am really good at running a tutoring business, and it’s something I very much enjoy.
That’s why I offer two guides to help tutors grow their businesses. An email course for tutors starting their business, called How to Start a Successful Tutoring Business in 60 Days, and a roadmap for experienced business owners, called Increasing the Revenue of Your Tutoring Business.
Both of these guides contain all of my content about running a successful tutoring business, including:
- Building a tutoring brand
- Taking a customer through a sales process from first contact to payment
- Handling the logistics of tutoring (like taxes!)
- Building an effective website
How to Start A Successful Tutoring Business in 60 DaysAn email course for tutors just starting their business
- 1. Craft an effective website that gets clients to contact you
- 2. Set up your important logistics (a place to work, bookkeeping, taxes)
- 3. Develop a web presence to let clients know of your existence
- 4. Get testimonials and reviews for your tutoring
- 5. Manage a sales process for new clients
- 6. Create a structured, repeatable lesson plan to effectively help clients their goals
- 7. Use online advertising to attract even more clients
- 8. Manage your tutoring practice for the long term
Increasing the Revenue of Your Tutoring BusinessA roadmap for tutors who already own a tutoring business
- 1. A visual outline for how to increase revenue for your existing tutoring business
- 2. A chart with actionable steps towards strengthening your existing tutoring business, including pages on selling clients, building a website, and creating a brand
- 3. An explanation of how I increased revenue in my own tutoring business to over $100,000/year